Friday, January 04, 2008

Back in HK

So I'm back. Lindsay has yet to return, so I'm a tad lonely, but it's only a few more days now. Christmas in Canada was fantastic. I got to see a lot of Lindsay's family and a lot of my own. There were also a few chances to catch up with some friends that I hadn't seen in a while, although there were still some that I missed. But it was a brief and busy trip, so that can't be helped.

I had over 24 hours of traveling on Monday, starting with a flight from Kingston. There was a little boy on the flight of about two years of age. Just as he and his family were seated and settled in, but before takeoff, he said "I have to pee." The looks that the parents exchanged were priceless. They couldn't possibly have been more horrified.

"Did you take off his diaper?" asked the father.

"Yes, I did," replied the mother. Her brain was working quickly to think of another solution. "Empty his cup!"

The father quickly produced the cups of the boy and his sister and began pouring the milk from the one into the other.

"Stand up, Andrew!" they said.

The boy complied. Pretty soon there was an audible sound of water falling into the cup. "That's funny!" Andrew said. "I'm peeing in my cup." Pretty soon the sound died off and the boy was returned to his seat.

The rest of the plane ride was uneventful.

The following journey from Toronto to Newark was also fairly uneventful. There were two girls, who I can't help thinking went to Western by how they dressed, who talked the whole time... non-stop... loudly... discussing pretty personal details about themselves. I'm sure everyone on the plane was interested to know that they had only ever really tried cocaine one time, and that it didn't really count because they shared it with someone else. Oh, my God! It wasn't a long flight, but with such conversation being forced upon me, I admit I slept for almost the entire time.

I thought I would have to make my way pretty quickly from one terminal to the next, but the flight to Hong Kong was delayed a bit. I got on OK and the flight had video-on-demand with individual screens for each passenger. I watched "The Simpsons" movie and was disappointed. I also started watching a movie called "Hot Rod" but that was also terrible and difficult to follow, so I switched it off. They had some TV shows and those were a lot better. However, I think I would rather be entertained by children needing to pee at awkward times. That was probably the highlight of the entire journey.

So now I'm back at school. Today was a birthday party, so I've been taking it pretty easy. The kids get to wear regular clothes instead of their uniforms on birthday party days. Some of them are pretty fashionable in their designer clothes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So long year of the pig, hello year of the rat. I wonder what suprises the rat has in store for us this year...

I still miss you.

Anonymous said...

Too bad the flight was pretty uneventful, glad you got back to HK safely! That's pretty funny about the kid peeing in cup though!