Thursday, December 13, 2007

I discover I already have a blog.

Today I realized that I do indeed have a blog.

I was thinking to myself as I was writing Lindsay (see Lindsay's blog in the links section) that I need to share some of the events that happen daily at my current workplace. The children here are sometimes just too funny.

For example I was mentioning to Miss Yip, the playgroup teacher at our school, how funny I thought a student was. He's in lower class, so that makes him four years old. Miss Yip replied that all the teachers at the school strongly suspect that he is gay. At four years old they have already decided on his sexual orientation. They have some evidence, I suppose, but to me most of the stuff they come up with just proves my point that the boy is a singularly entertaining individual. For starters, he can name every brand of cosmetics that his mother uses. He has a habit of smelling people's hands and asking them what brand of hand cream they use. He also has been known to give advice on what kind of shampoo a teacher ought to use.

A fact I learned today though is that he has a phobia of snails, of all things. There is a plant growing out of a large snail shell in one of the washrooms and he won't go near it. When he is naughty, as he often is, a punishment they have used is to put snail shells in his pockets. Apparently he freaks right out and stays rooted on the spot.

These kids are hilarious. I don't even have to make this stuff up. Only a week and a bit until Christmas and then I get a break from them.

This Saturday I have to dress up as Santa Claus for their big party. I am a little apprehensive that they will sit on my lap and that eventually one will pee on me. Santa Claus is a pretty exciting person to meet when you're 2-5. Yes, some of these wee folk are only 2. I am thinking that I had better bring extra trousers.

2 comments:

Nigel said...

Ben Claus or Santa Keefe? They both sound so naturally good.

Have you been practicing your Ho Ho Ho?

Good job with the kids Keefe.

NJK

bkeefe said...

I think it might actually be Mr. Santa. They call me Mr. Ben normally.

I don't know if some of them won't be able to tell that it's me.