Yesterday I picked up some new glasses at a store downstairs in our building. I'd picked them out on Saturday. But even though they weren't ready in an hour or two, you still can't beat the price. For about $50 CAD, I got new frames, new lenses, an eye exam and the resulting new subscription. I was pretty happy about that.
Anyways, not many people at work commented on them when I first arrived until Joshua, a soon-to-be three year old boy pointed them out while I was on door duty. Door duty includes standing around greeting parents and children as they enter the building and signing my name on the children's daily temperature record. I'm not entirely sure what the school or the parents are going to do with these temperature records once they've collected them, but I have to make sure that they have been checked every day. I think it has something to do with the hypochondriac tendencies of Hong Kong society. This same attention to children's health may have something to do with why I got two weeks off school when the flu was going around.
So, Joshua said, "Mr. Ben, why are you wearing those sunglasses?" They aren't sunglasses, so I was trying to figure out why he kept insisting that they were. In class later, he repeated that I was wearing sunglasses. This time, I found an explanation. The teacher told me that sun in Cantonese means new. Joshua is fairly fluent in both Cantonese and English for a two year old, so it is not too surprising that he would confuse the two languages every once in a while.

3 comments:
HAHA....
Let me see your "新"glasses on monday~
haha..........
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Hey thanks. I was looking for a blog that was all about toner, and trying to sell me some for all my toner needs. I really appreciate the heartfelt and sincere message.
Post a Comment